The skyscrapers' fanatic

Hi!
Today I want to tell you how my adventure with architecture actually began. It was all because of skyscrapers...

I’ve always found them so interesting, you know! As a kid, I used to shout every time I saw a high building or church towers while I was in the car.. It was driving my mom crazy <haha sorry mom, I know I was annoying kid>.
I don’t know were this attraction came from. In the city I live in, we don’t even have that many tall buildings, the highest tower has approximately 80 meters. Being as a kiddo I started to discover the world of skyscrapers. For example, I was following all the news about the crazy race for the highest building ever built. For now, the crown belongs to Burj Khalifa in Dubai with 828 meters, but there are some new competitors in the game. I think I become a fanatic of those towers you know... You can only imagine my reaction when I was in Chicago for the first time. I was 13 yo then I think, my parents had to collect my jaw from the groud. Yes, the famous Chicago skyline is so cool and impressive, here is my old photo:

Chicago skyline from Willis Tower - 2008

After that, I've been to many places full of high-rise buildings like Shanghai, New York or Dubai and my interest in architecture expanded to so much more than just those tall slim towers. I even wanted to become architect.. good old times. But is how I remember how I become obsessed with architecture, especially modern. In the future, I will write more about my favourite skyscrapers, but for now, I will leave you with one of my favourite photos I've ever taken. Btw. check out my Instagram for more architecture photos! :*

XOXO
Chris

Comments

  1. Hi, Chris! Since you live in Łódź and like architecture is there any interesting building that you'd recommend to see there?
    Greets! S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI! Of course!
      Just to let you know it quickly, it is transformed into shopping malls, offices or apartments. There are also lots of palaces, I think about 200 in whole city or sth like that. And there is some modern architecture too like the new main railway station. Actually, I was thinking about our local architecture. So you can expect that soon. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Half of my reply was deleted somehow :(
      In the beginning, I said that we have a lot of factories transformed into shopping malls etc. :)
      I don't know what happened with this sentence ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Magical adventures in Disneyland - Paris trip part 2

Private shopping with Dawid Wolinski / Warsaw